A to Z of supplements
- Vitamin K (Phytomenadione)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin or Thiamine)
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Pantothenic acid
- Folic Acid
- Royal Jelly
- Ginkgo biloba
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Chamomilla (Matricaria recutita)
- Co-enzyme Q10
- Cod liver oil
- Can HSIS provide advice about bringing food supplements products to market?
- What should people check when choosing a food supplement product?
- What’s the difference between a food supplement and a herbal medicine?
- Can some supplements stop medicines from working?
- Is it OK to take different supplements at the same time?
- Is it safe for children to take supplements?
- What is an NRV and why is it important?
- Is it possible to take too much of a certain vitamin or mineral?
- How do people know which food supplements can benefit them?
- What happens if people don’t get all the vitamins and minerals they need?
- Does taking supplements replace the need for a varied and balanced diet?
- Can people get all the nutrients they need from their diet?
- What is in food supplements?
- Future-proof your Health from the Middle Years
- The Healthy Ageing Challenge
- The Hidden Health Challenges – The importance of nutrition as we age
- The role of micronutrients in healthy ageing
- Nutritional implications of obesity and dieting
- Diet adequacy in UK schoolchildren – Too many UK children still face poor diet and nutrition
- Towards a Healthier Britain
- Health impacts of vitamin D: Are we getting enough?
News & views
- Simple shadow test signals when vitamin D becomes a concern
- Insta-Sham Diets: Rise of the ‘Inflexitarian’
- Taking a Multivitamin is Shown To Fill Nutrient Gaps in our Diet
- Middle-aged fears for future health UK adults leaving diet changes too late
- Find reliable information on food supplements – Health Information Week 3 – 9 July 2017
- 8 Top Nutritional Tips on How Your Diet Can Help Manage Arthritis
- Vitamin D briefing – Sorting fact from fiction
- Omega-3 fatty acids – A review of the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids
- Dietary deficits put over-50s at risk
- Folate supplementation throughout pregnancy boosts cognitive function at 8 years of age
- HSIS reaffirms need for fish oil in the diet
- The Health and Food Supplements Information Service welcomes green light for folate safety
- Taking probiotics during pregnancy linked with reduced risk of pre-eclampsia & premature birth
- Taking vitamins during pregnancy linked with reduced risk of autism
- HSIS Welcomes Roll-Out of Healthy Start Supplements to All Pregnant Women in Scotland
- Omega 3 fatty acids and diabetes
- The importance of nutrition in the middle years – nutritionist, Dr Emma Derbyshire
- Nutritional tips for spring – dietitian, Dr Carrie Ruxton
- Ageing healthily – dietitian, Dr Carrie Ruxton
- Why is diet important as we age? Dietitian, Dr Carrie Ruxton
- Diet advice for older patients – GP, Dr Gill Jenkins
- Economical effects of poor nutrition – GP, Dr Gill Jenkins
- The role of nutrition in healthy ageing – GP Dr Gill Jenkins
- The Hidden Health Challenges Report
- Nutrition, health and well-being – dietitian, Dr Carrie Ruxton
- Vitamins and minerals for healthy ageing – dietitian, Dr Carrie Ruxton
- Healthy ageing nutritional advice – dietitian, Dr Carrie Ruxton
- Evidence on the benefits of supplementation – dietitian, Dr Carrie Ruxton